Frank Kern Biography, Wikipedia, Profile
|Frank Kern Biography, Wikipedia, Profile|
|Birth Name||Frank Kern|
|Birth Date||August 30, 1973|
|Residence||La Jolla, U.S.|
|Occupation||Internet Marketer Businessman, Copywriter|
|Earnings||US$1.4 million (est. 2014)|
|Earnings (all-time)||US$28 million (est.)|
|IM Rich List||#4|
Who is Frank Kern?
Frank Kern is a successful entrepreneur, internet marketer and business consultant from the US and is considered by many to be one of the top "guru's" in the internet marketing space today. His trademark blonde "surfer-style" haircut (cut short in September 2012) and laid back style combined with his business acumen have garnered him a huge and loyal fan base. His info products typically sell for $1997, a figure that has become almost a standard ticket price for top internet marketing product launches. His latest information product is called Mass Conversion and was released in 2014.
Kern started as a door-to-door salesman for credit card processing systems, in Macon, GA. He experienced a lot of rejection. All the while, he was living in a single trailer, eagerly anticipating moving up into a double-wide. Around this time, he borrowed some Tony Robbins tapes (Personal Power) from his step-father, and started to formulate the mindset that would soon see him making his way to the top of the Internet Marketing industry.
Shortly thereafter, he started learning about making money online. He bought a $297 course on how to make money online from the late Cory Rudl and implemented maybe one page of the entire product. But he did see some success and felt encouraged.
Breakthrough and Success
He hired an author (via elance.com) to write a "Teach your parrot to talk" book. After doing some keyword research he discovered that the market was big. He also heard of a guy who was doing the same thing profitably offline so he wrote the ad in advance, promising everything a parrot owner could want. Then he hired a writer from eLance, to fulfill all those promises (and point out the unrealistic ones).
It cost him $650 to hire the writer. (Note: Most newbies would balk at spending $650 before making a dime on that product they were building. Mindset matters.) Frank built a $3,000/month income stream from this eBook alone.
He then said to himself: "What other pets are out there?"
Frank had worked with dogs in the past, and realized that dogs respond well to positive reinforcement. So he created a course, where he could automatically create a different web site for every diff breed of dog (600). He ran ads for each breed of dog, offering the same book with 600 different web sites - one per dog breed. This business launched in 2005 and went on to make sales of over $1 million in 2006. A simple approach, that scaled up exponentially.
He found that he really enjoyed showing other entrepreneurs how to make money online so he sold the dog business after 2 years, and focused on teaching people to make money online. Frank regularly holds live seminars where he commands up to $25,000 per ticket. He also continues to use video marketing to capitalise on his "guru" status in internet marketing circles.
Information Products & Services
- Mass Control
- Mass Control 2.0 (re-launched Sep, 2011)
- List Control
- Screw Google System (created with Trey Smith)
- Annihilation Method
- Pipeline Profits
- Serializer Seminar
- Underachiever Mastery - sold to Russell Brunson in 2010 (?)
- 4 Day Cash Machine
- Mass Conversion (2014)
- His Annihilation Method launch (dating advice for men) generated $1.4 million in orders in 4 hours. Frank's Pipeline Profits email campaign generated $3.1 million in orders in less than 24 hours.
- His most successful launch to date was the StomperNet launch which generated $18.3 million in orders in less than 24 hours.
- Frank's Serializer seminar sold $1.4 million in 54 minutes at $10,000 per person without the use of affiliates.
Kern currently derives the majority of his income from internet marketing consultancy services.
Motivation & Influences
Kern attributes his success to the fact that he's believed for a long time that anything is possible. He listened to Tony Robbins tapes early on in his life, and that contributed to his belief that he could succeed at making money online. In 2008, his company generated $6.5 million in revenue. He has 2 employees (including a videographer from Pen Island Studios), and a bookkeeper.
In 1994 Kern lost everything he owned in a flood in Macon, Ga. After being homeless he moved into a single-wide trailer Milledgeville, Ga. It had plywood floors, a peach crate for a table and a mattress on the floor to sleep on. The only job he could find was working in a Greek fast food restaurant where he made $4.25 an hour. He had no hot water or heat because he couldn't afford the gas bill. He lived in a ghetto for a while, in a $12,000 house in Macon, Ga. He worked for a cousin in a used car sales lot.
On a trip to Las Vegas in September 2012 Kern decided to have his hair cut short on a whim, waving goodbye to the young, hip, surfer persona he was known for. Not surprisingly this sent shockwaves through the internet marketing community with some saying this landmark event marks the end of an era as the IM industry grows up to face the realities and challenges of an uncertain future.
Kern is married with 3 children. Next =>
- Interview for Huffington Post (Sept. 2014) - Kern reveals some of the secrets to his success in this interview with Brian Horn.
- Leads Timer - Just Launched! My New List-Building & Productivity Software - get it free today - offer only open for a few days.
- Video Maker FX - The #1 NEW Whiteboard video creator, used by top marketers. Create your own explainer videos in minutes.
- Frank Kern's State Of The Internet Address 2012 - approx. 40 minutes long. Be sure to keep watching after he asks you to join the live webinar (now closed) for excellent additional content by Kern.
- Red Shield Minisite - professional minisite and graphic design for internet marketers.